Indian ethnic wear displays the essence of vibrant and versatile Indian culture. The fusion of colors and designs represent the core belief of India – ‘unity in diversity’. The fabrics are versatile in their cuts, thread-work, material and pattern.
1. A saaree forms the base of Indian attires and looks perfect on any woman irrespective of her age or size. There are many ways to wrap a saaree. You can find good tutorials on YouTube, with simple instructions, often promoted by companies like The Marketing Heaven. The western attires do not offer the same ability, as you need to choose a dress according to your physique.
2. This nine-yard long attire also works as the largest canvas for exclusive craftwork. The artisans from different states of India use this canvas to exhibit their artistry with needle and threads. The distinctiveness of these motifs adds versatility to Indian attire.
3. The list of Indian attire also includes salwar and kurti. These two attires are slightly different from one another. The thread-work attests to the distinctiveness of Indian craftwork. They also exhibit the artisanship of Indian designers or handicraft workers.
4. An exclusive kurti/salwar saves you from keeping a separate party-wear in your office bag. Your office-wear may turn into a beautiful party-wear with the addition of proper accessories. You can never enjoy this facility with any type of formal western-wear.
The Indian accessories play vital roles in your styling. You need matching jewelries, bags and sandals for a voguish outlook. You also need blouses that complement the colors and designs of your sari. The below-mentioned tips will create a fashionable collection for any occasion.
Clutch’s Classic Appeal
The classic Indian clutches helps you make a statement with designing materials, motifs and colors. The Indian clutches exhibit the craftwork of threads, beads, mirrors, coins and jari.
1. One purse does not complement all attires. Hence, you need to build a collection of a variety of clutches.
2. You need to remember the number of your essentials during the selection of the clutch’s size. The rectangular, circular or box clutches are best for evening affairs with fewer essentials.
3. The larger leather/fabric purses will let you carry many essentials without altering its shape.
4. You also need to remember your height and body-shape during the selection of clutches. The round/oval clutches look perfect on taller and slimmer individuals. The rectangular or square clutches seamlessly complement the built of curvy individuals.
Silver’s Charismatic Appeal
The stylish sliver jewelries save you from spending a fortune on purchasing a variety of ornaments.
1. The antique silver bangles or neckpieces let you make a bold fashion statement. These ornaments perfectly complement chiffon or georgette saarees with geometric or abstract motifs. You may carry these stylish ornaments with salwar or kurti of your choice.
2. The silver necklace set with filigree, latticework or floral motifs look perfect with traditional saarees, salwar or kurtis. The earrings with drops or kundan-work are also perfect for traditional outlook.
3. The snake-design armbands, charm pendants, designer bracelets help you break the classic appeal of a traditional look.
Sequined Blouses’ Magical Appeal
The sequined blouses of black/golden/silver colors can even make a simple attire look fascinating.
1. The heavily sequined black/golden/silver blouses are excellent options for any party. The saarees with golden embellishments or borders look perfect with sequined golden blouses.
2. The blouses with banarasi motif or mirror/pearl work look perfect with traditional saarees.
3. You can pair the cotton saarees with abstract patterns and blouses with mirror/pearl works to make a unique style statement.
4. The saarees with silver borders/embellishments look good with sliver blouses having sequined mirrors/pearls/beads. The silver blouses look perfect with different shades of blue, red, purple and pink.
Comfortable & Stylish Kurtis
The stylish kurtis may become the perfect fashionable wear for formal and casual affairs. You just need to purchase the right kurti based on your height and physique.
1. The kurtis with darker shades perfectly covers the fullness of an apple-shaped figure. The cotton/silk fabrics do not cling to the body. Hence, these materials are perfect for this figure. The v-shaped or embellished necklines draw the majority of attention. The kurtis with flared/cuffed sleeves and embroidered hem-lines are also perfect for apple-shaped figures.
2. The kurtis with deep/broad necklines or belts are perfect for rectangular shaped figures. The anarkali kurtis with embellishment also adds volume to rectangular figures.
3. The textured/printed anarkali kurtis are perfect for pear-shaped figures. The boat necked, square necked or collared kurtis are also perfect for triangular body-shapes.
4. The kurtis that define waistline are perfect for women with an hourglass figure. The fitting kurtis in any material or style suits this particular body-shape. The square, u or v-shaped necklines streamline the middle area and look perfect on this figure.
5. The kurtis with raglan sleeves are perfect for strawberry-shaped figures. The kurtis defining waistline and low necklines draw attention towards waist and away from broad shoulders.
6. The longer kurtis with asymmetric cuts or anarkali designs are perfect for taller individuals. These kurtis are perfect attires for office or parties.
7. The short kurtis highlights the leg-length. You can team these kurtis with formal pants/jeans. You can also team these kurtis with ‘palazzos’ or ‘dhoti’ pants during parties.
Versatility Of Heavy Designer Saaree
You need to keep embroidered or sequined heavy saarees in your wardrobe for ceremonial occasions.
1. The silk saarees with baluchari, patola, brocade, chanderi, phulkari, chintz, kantha and pochampally motifs befit any celebratory event.
2. The heavy georgette saarees with all-over sequined work and thread-work are also perfect for evening/afternoon ceremonies.
3. The kota or malmal saarees with aipan or dorian motifs are perfect for daytime ceremonies.
4. You also need to keep premium-quality kerala silks with radiant golden borders or motifs in your wardrobe.
These saarees make you look elegant and feel beautiful, and turn you into the cynosure of formal or casual events. It is essential to create a collection of these attractive items for every occasion in your life. It is also prudent to maintain a contrast in your collection. You need different accessories and attires in your wardrobe to bring this desired effect. A list of these items may include:
1. gold plated necklace set
2. stone bangles
3. nylon socks
4. midnight blue tunic with layered palazzo pant